Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ian@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant future
EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!!

01-25-2010 - Delivery day of the Evolution MotorSports 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT.

Todd flew up to Sharkwerks yesterday to pick up the new turbo from the great guys at Carlsen Porsche. Gary Quibelan, sales manager over there got me hooked up with one of the first 3 cars delivered to their dealership. It is a black on black PDK car with some good optional equipment. Here are some pictures from the dealership.

Delivery to Sharkwerks...

With only 17 miles on it, we were already dissecting the new beast to see what new changes Porsche has in store for us. The first item we are looking at is the software. Since the new 3.8L engine is now direct injection, Porsche is now using the Siemens ECU technology from the 997.2 DFI and the 957 Cayenne DFI.

Last night, James was nice enough to remove the Bose subwoofer to remove the ECU for me so I could take a peak at the software. We read out the ECU with our EVOMSit proprietary SDI4 tools. After downloading and looking at the software, I have a pretty good idea as to what it will take to make some good power gains on this new platform. We have so much experience tuning this Siemens ECU with the various cars that we have built including the Sharkwerks 997.2 and our 720 HP big turbo, Cayenne TT DFI GT700.

ECU Removal:

Todd will be driving the car back to AZ tomorrow and I will be posting more details about my drive and impressions of the car after some seat time. Stay tuned!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Leave the keys for me when I drop off my car. I'll bring it right back.....

Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Best color for the new TT IMO.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Dan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats guys, I'm excited to see what comes out of AZ for this beast.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
cannot wait to see more pics

Old 01-26-2010, 07:38 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Daaaaaaaayyyyyyaaaaaaaaammmmmmmn

Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I know I won't be the only one looking forward to seeing what you guys will do with it!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Love the 997.2 Turbo. Looking forward to seeing what this car does with only an ecu tune and a high flow exhaust.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Looks so mean in black!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Bobs gonna have his hands full with this one, pretty even still!

Quick Reply: EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!!