Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

The Teamspeed Porsche 991 Information Thread!! (991 Spy Shots only Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If that doesn't look like a 996 with different lights, I don't know what does... Look at the profile shot - terrible. The rear looks REALLY unresolved. Between this and the Pagani Huayra, I don't know which is more disappointing.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I remember when the 997 came out many complained that the headlights were too round, and that the 996 head lights look much more aggressive.

Personally, I think that some of the design features on the 991 will take some time to getting used to, but overall, I think its excellent. I love the new rear end (918/Carrera GT inspiration), though I think the hips could be a bit more defined.

BTW Chris, there are Clubsport base models coming (CS Speedsters too!), and Turbo look cars. I think once the design grows on many haters, it will easily become the most successful 911 in history. Some one at Rennteam saw the official press pictures already, and they said they are completely sold on the design. And the person who took the pictures of this gold car said the car has incredible presence, and looks very good from the front.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-13-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The rear end looks like a big, blank slab of nothing. By cutting the number of louvers and the shape of the wing, it almost looks Corvette-ish in having a big empty space back there. The GT3/Turbo should fix that, but the Carreras will suffer for it.

The new Cayman is definitely going to be the pick of the litter.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Yeah it went from 4 (in addition to a brake light lover) down to three (one of them for the break light). Though they are much larger, I think one more just below the wing would have broke up some of the height to the rear. But I'm in love with the shape of the rear bumper (the way the road reflects off of it is fantastic), the new tail lights, and that 918 style spoiler. It looks awesome!

I think from most angles the rear will look great.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-13-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vchris is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not convinced by The rear look...i like the beautifull round ass of my 997.2S! But we have to see i5 in real.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vchris
I am not convinced by the rear look. I like the beautifull round ass of my 997.2S! But I will have to see it in person to have an opinion.
Corrected it for 'ya.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The rear end looks like a big, blank slab of nothing. By cutting the number of louvers and the shape of the wing, it almost looks Corvette-ish in having a big empty space back there. The GT3/Turbo should fix that, but the Carreras will suffer for it.

The new Cayman is definitely going to be the pick of the litter.
I agree. There should be more of something back there, it's kinda boring

Old 08-17-2011, 12:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^

Old 08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Well folks I think it is time this thread has come to a close! Look out for all the 991 info in the other threads and be sure there are many new threads to come!

Quick Reply: The Teamspeed Porsche 991 Information Thread!! (991 Spy Shots only Thread)