Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Spied Again: The New Porsche 911 Carrera Virtually Undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied Again: The New Porsche 911 Carrera Virtually Undisguised

Spied: The New Porsche 911 Carrera Virtually Undisguised
Lady in red out for a bit if testing and wearing new shoes

Here are the latest spy-shots of a virtually undisguised next-generation Porsche 911 having itself a workout in close to Porsche Stuttgart factory. The shots are the clearest yet and probably the best you can get before the car’s official presentation at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September this year along with the Speed Yellow and Aqua Blue shots shared yesterday.

There are few other secrets left on the Porsche brand's core model. The next 911 will be 4.49 meters long - 56 mm more than the current model with 10 mm extra wheelbase. The car will also stand 11 mm shorter. The 3.4-litre entry-level Boxer engine (down from a 3.6-litre unit) has an output of 350 hp, good for a 0 to 100 km/h sprint time of 4.8 seconds and a top speed of 289 km/h. The smaller, more-efficient unit will reduce fuel-economy by 13 percent to 8.5 liters per 100 km. Moving up the Carrera S will reward drivers with 395 hp, while the 911 Turbo is rumored to have an output of approximately 542 hp. Regardless of what engine is selected, it can be paired to a seven-speed manual or an optional seven-speed PDK.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
those tail lights dont convince me... mhhh

Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Love the wheels, even though they resemble the Audi S-Line design. Also see the influence of the 918 in the front spoiler.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DJ
Regardless of what engine is selected, it can be paired to a seven-speed manual or an optional seven-speed PDK.
Wait a second, seven speed manual? Lolwut?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bennett
Wait a second, seven speed manual? Lolwut?
You been living under a rock or something??? It's been known for quite some time now that Porsche would be unveiling this car with a completely new 7 speed manual transmission!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
lol they sure are holding out for us to see the new headlight and tail light design.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
SirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really nice
The front end def looks lower and longer in this pic, to me at least.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Abdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Really NOT liking the lights.....

Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody else think the car looks a little bizarre proportionally since it's the same length as the 997, but with a longer wheelbase? The part between the front of the rear fender opening and the back of the door opening looks so long to me. I kind of like how the back is pinched off compared to the front, it gives the greenhouse a teardrop effect.

I think it looks pretty damn good overall, and I'm sure once I see it out and about, I'll get used to the longer wheelbase.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
i hate to say it but it looks very 996'ish to me. makes me either want a current GTS or wait for the, Turbo, GT2, GT3, RS, etc.

Quick Reply: Spied Again: The New Porsche 911 Carrera Virtually Undisguised