Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Renntech | Project E63 (w212)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Derek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud ofDerek@MartinoAutoConcepts has much to be proud of
Looking forward to this build!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Wow this is great news, I was on the Local Merc dealer here in Puerto Rico looking at the E63 AMG and took it for a test drive and it is a great car, and they told me that they have a great relashionship with RennTech. Can't wait to see outcomes for this car. Great Luck you guys.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dan@Renntech
Good question! I went back into our dyno archives and it looks like the w211 E63s were all around 400-405hp stock. The baseline E55's are right up there with the E63s as well, pulling anywhere from low 390's to 405hp.
Kinda disappointed! I thought the MCT would have less drivetrain losses and thus yield a higher whp figure on your dyno. Make sure to wake up that beast up with a nice set of headers and other bolt-ons.
Thanks for getting back to me in such a quick manner.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Kinda disappointed! I thought the MCT would have less drivetrain losses and thus yield a higher whp figure on your dyno. Make sure to wake up that beast up with a nice set of headers and other bolt-ons.
I agree with you..... Even thou I had a nice time test driving one in my local dealer.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
subscribed...

Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished road
Oh man, and in black too? That new E makes me look twice every time! Only thing stopping me from making the jump is knowing my E55 is quicker.

Well, until I see final numbers it is anyway!! *drool*

Old 02-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome work, this will be insane. I love the new E63. I would chose it over an M5 and XFR in a heartbeat

Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Dan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Exactly, we all thought that as well.

Updates to come very soon!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nigoape1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i had ordered a E63 for meself too still waiting for the production....i hope renntech can show us what can they do for the new E63.....can't wait to see it...!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Dan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud ofDan@Renntech has much to be proud of
Finally back with some updates for you guys.

We have developed our very own sensor links for adjustment of the E63’s rear ride height. First, the engineers took out the Mercedes links and created adjustable prototype links in reference to the OE parts. These prototypes would tell us how much shorter the links would need to be for the ideal ride height. The decision to make two separate production sizes was made so that the customer could choose from different levels of lowering. The links are surprisingly easy to take out and replace. You don’t even have to take the wheels off, just jack up the car and they’re super easy to get to. RENNTECH will offer two separate link sets that lower the vehicle either 1/2" or 3/4". Custom heights/lowering available upon request.

Front suspension was modified to reflect adjustments made to the rear.

Here's an image of the factory Mercedes links

The rear suspension/sensor without link installed

The rear suspension/sensor with prototype link installed

The prototype links(white) and the production links(black)

Quick Reply: Renntech | Project E63 (w212)