Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Spied: C63 AMG Black Series Testing Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: C63 AMG Black Series Testing Again

The Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Spied Testing Again

These spy-photos show a test mule for the Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series undergoing handling testing in Germany. While the wider fenders will not look like the temporary once on this prototype but they will melt in properly to the final design, the 6.2-litre V8 under the bonnet of the car snapped is the actual motor: 510 horsepower via the AMG 7-speed speedshift gearbox, lead to the rear axle. Hopefully there will also be some less weight for the engine to carry around.

The C63 AMG Black Series saloon will be followed by a version of the C63 AMG Coupe later on for those who want the sportier Coupe look. The C63 AMG Coupe Black Series will then be a true successor to the CLK 63 AMG Black Series first showed in 2007.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished roadEcruisinUSA is on a distinguished road
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't think it's different enough. Don't get me wrong, i love the C63 - might even replace my E in the near future - but I want to see AMG do something with this thing.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Those fender flares look pretty bad....

Old 03-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ringnut is an unknown quantity at this point
The car in the pictures is infact a mule for the up coming C63 AMG Coupe Series Black.
I have have been following this car with great interest. I have spoken to several people in the know at the Nurburgring, its nearly ready and in the UK will retail at about £100k.
The wheel arches are just part of the 4 door mule, the two door is wider hence the wheel arch extensions which are there purely to cover the wheels, I don't think even a second rate aftermarket body kit would get away with being that bad.

I'm in a quandary because I'm about to purchase one, but I have black series aspirations and only C63 coupe budget.

I'm so glad its getting the "old" 6.2 not the new twin turbo from the E class.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmmm I am waiting impatiently for the coupe....the black will have to be special...

Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Waiting for non-mule pics to make a decision.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Most-Wanted is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant wait to see non mule pics as well. I am praying for a 4 door BS I will buy it in a heart beat...

Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
the old CLK black was fairly hardcore, curious to see where this one will fit on the totem

a bs sedan would be interesting, the coupe looks terrible

Old 04-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^I'm with this guy