Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2012 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: 2012 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG

Spied: 2012 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG

The iconic G-Wagon gets a little nip-tuck

Our Teamspeed spies snap a few photos of the face-lifted G55 virtually uncamouflaged during testing today. With its classic boxy styling and lofty price tag, it's about time the Mercedes G55 AMG freshens up a bit. Luckily for loyal enthusiasts like we are here on the Team, not much appears changed besides a new front fascia and new wheels.

We managed to get a stealth-like walk around – even got a quick peek inside – but our quick look only turned up changes to the grille and front fascia. The 3-bar grille on the current model will be replaced with a single bar grille, and although the front bumper wasn't complete on this prototype, it appears there will be moderate updates there as well. Considering the AMG engineers were doing some serious testing, we wouldn't be surprised if there were some tweaks to the (current) 500-hp engine.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Twin Turbo, 5.5L V8, 7speed auto, and a more aggressive front bumper.

The single bar corporate grille is a big no no on the G-class, keep it for the coupe's and not for the G-class. Glad I got mine at the very last moment before the "new" changes.

I like the 5.4L V8 S/C because it sounds very close to the SLR with the side pipes.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud of
those wheels look awesome and by awesome i mean shit.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
ok, don't see much of a difference. But I guess they did not want to mess with the original design.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll stay with my Range Rover thanks.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I miss my G -

Old 08-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty sure that these are not the production wheels. They look like EtaBeta Tattsut wheels which are aftermarket wheels mainly for Volkswagens.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:07 PM
AWG
Teamspeed Senior Member
AWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud of
its a G65 already put our deposit, they are making it limited of 200 pieces

Old 08-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that's sick AWG. Congrats.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BigD66 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hope they update the interior. Otherwise I'm sure it's going to be an amazing vehicle.

Quick Reply: Spied: 2012 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG