Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Added some British flavour to the garage...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Added some British flavour to the garage...

Years ago, during the infancy of my car addiction, I picked up a couple of British cars that I have held onto for the better part of 20yrs ! They were kept up in storage in Toronto (where I grew up) and I finally brought them down to TN to be united with their garage mates

These cars have great meaning to me...growing up in England, these were the cars I loved and lusted over as a kid. They are both in need of some TLC to bring up to their original lustre...but I am looking forward to the process !

Both of the run very strong...the Lotus had an engine rebuild when the cambelt let go about the 10th time I drove it I had been warned off buying an exotic by my folks and brothers, and they couldn't resist the told you so's ! It runs beautifully with 2 twin webers...and is wonderful simplicity and the purest of the Giugaro Esprits minus all the spoilers and trim of the subsequent models. Who can ever forget Roger Moore driving out of the ocean in the white Esprit, dumping the fish out the window onto the beach !

The Aston Martin Lagonda is an '83 Model, and was used as the prototype for the conversion from the original LED instrument binnacle, to the 3 CRT display setup. I still find it tremendously cool when the 3 green televisions light up upon turning the key. Back in the day, this was the coolest way to transport 4 people at 165mph. The 4 cam Aston V8 has 4 twin Webers and makes a glorious sound. Car starts up easily and runs fantastic.

I drove the truck and trailer 11hrs each way and finally got back today....feels wonderful to have them all together. I have leased a storage warehouse until I figure out how I will store them at the house (new garage addition in the works )

Enjoy the pics !

Old 11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Fun cars to add to the stunning collection Jas, Ive been getting into a n 80's luxery/exotic car thing lately. I just keep lusting over an 86 636csi

Old 11-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Craddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute

I'll post some pics of the interior restoration of the Esprit once it begins

Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
talk about a blast from the past - a cool one at that too! The Lagonda was the subject of a recent thread here...thanx for posting

Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
I like the Lotus. My friends dad has one similar to it..and I don't quite fit in it but they look like little rockets from the outside.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Ha! Jas, now you're just approaching Leno status.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Great stuff Jas! I like how your Esprit is winking. lol

I'm guessing this is a sign that you added some lifts to your garage?

Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Jas

Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
those 2 rides are beautiful. You must be glad their home.

Quick Reply: Added some British flavour to the garage...