Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston Martin to collaborate with Zagato once more

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Aston Martin to collaborate with Zagato once more

For me, one of the prettiest cars ever is the DB4 GT Zagato. I even quite like the DB7 Zagato and AR1 Roadster. Well, AML have announced that they are renewing that relationship once more...

PRESS RELEASE:

Aston Martin announces an exciting new collaboration with renowned Italian design house Zagato in the 50th anniversary year of the iconic DB4GT Zagato. The first product of this renewed working partnership will be shown for the first time at the famous Villa D’Este Concours on 21st May 2011, with a racing debut at Nürburgring later in the month.

Aston Martin and Zagato have enjoyed a long and fruitful relationship since their first collaboration which culminated in the production of the now iconic DB4GT Zagato 50 years ago.

Dr. Ulrich Bez, Chief Executive said: “The DNA of both Aston Martin and Zagato has combined successfully to make some of the world’s most desirable collector cars in the past and in this special anniversary year of the DB4GT Zagato it is appropriate to explore a modern collaboration.

“Now is the right time for a new Aston Martin Zagato and in combining our design intelligence I think we can create something fitting of the iconic DB4GT Zagato that has gone before and since established itself as one of the most famous Aston Martins of all time.”

Work on the new Aston Martin Zagato collaboration is well under way with an initial concept to be presented at the Villa D’Este Concours in May to gauge initial customer reaction with a view to a production car following in 2012.

Aston Martin Design Director, Marek Reichman added: “Our designers are able to collaborate with a broad spectrum of organisations and individuals to seek new and exciting ideas and inspiration due to Aston Martin’s independency.

“Working with Zagato again in 2011 is inspirational for the team – certainly DB4GT Zagato is one of my favourite ever designs as it is with many of the designers in our studio. We can create a truly modern Aston Martin interpretation which stays true to the historical routes of the relationship with Zagato.”

Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Based on chat I've just had with one of our Members (and fellow Teamspeeder), it will apparently be based on a V12 Vantage engine (set-up), chassis and running gear - not the DB9. That will make for a fabulous driving car. Manual only... He's got his name down for the car - lucky chap.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
This is what I'm talking about. It has been too long since we have had such a collaboration.

Exciting stuff!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yes this has to be good, cant wait for the Villa D'este!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PaulGeudon
Based on chat I've just had with one of our Members (and fellow Teamspeeder), it will apparently be based on a V12 Vantage engine (set-up), chassis and running gear - not the DB9. That will make for a fabulous driving car. Manual only... He's got his name down for the car - lucky chap.
Hell yeah. Can't wait for the outcome. The DB4 Zagato is one of my favorite "oldtimers" ever. Best collaboration since BMW and McLaren.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Mike S
This is what I'm talking about. It has been too long since we have had such a collaboration.

Exciting stuff!
Need to get your name down quickly Mike...

Old 05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Already called my dealer

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I love zagato creations.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to all
Pretty excited about this one

Quick Reply: Aston Martin to collaborate with Zagato once more