Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Jaguar C-X16 inches closer to production

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute

A Jaguar insider has today confirmed to Teamspeed that work is currently underway to prepare the two-seater C-X16 Concept for mass production.

Teamspeed questioned whether the Neutron White car was a different car to the silver concept we saw a few months ago, hinting at a production-ready beast. We were told it was the same car, simply painted in a different colour.

One of the sticking points of the concept car is the seat frames which would not pass safety regulations. But our man on the ground told us today that engineers are "currently working on the seat frames" to ensure the car will pass stringent crash tests.

With the test mules having proven running gear for the concept, work is now underway to ensure the car will be production ready. No timeframe has been set for the car's launch, and what it will be called is still uncertain, but Jaguar's engineers are on the case, meaning anyone waiting for the British marque's Porsche fighter can certainly start getting excited.

Last edited by Oversteer Overlord; 11-29-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the next XK ?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute
No, it's smaller. The C-X16 is a two-seater, whereas the XK is a 2+2.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hearing that they are working on the seats is incredibly promising. I really really like the way everything looks and works together on the concept. Perhaps a few more rev's out of the engine. A little more red tint on the gauge cluster. A lot less red on the rest of the interior. Everything else very close to the concept.

and I am sold.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
I love the looks of this car. And Jags don't normally do much for me

Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura aboutpureporsche has a spectacular aura about
First Jag that actually looks appealing to me.
Hope it's not a heavy beast though - which is usually the case with their cars.
Porsche fighter? Think it would be more in Aston territory rather than Porsche.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Good god what a gorgeous car! I can't believe this is the first time I've seen it (heard of it, but never saw it). Anyone want to fill me in on the rest of the details?

Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the rough
I hope they don't change much for production...

Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
To me it looks like a Granturismo and Nissan GTR had a baby. But i am NOT complaining, this looks gorgeous. Do we maybe have a possible price range?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent news! I've been following the developments and am thoroughly interested in this car -- never thought I'd say that about a Jag.

For those looking for more details, see this thread: https://teamspeed.com/forums/aston-m...ept-video.html
There's also a micro-site up on jaguar.com.

Also, price has been rumored to be around $70,000 (Cayman R / base 911 territory)

Quick Reply: Jaguar C-X16 inches closer to production