Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Hamann Body Kit Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura about
Hamann Body Kit Project

A recently completed Hamann body kit project on a 2002 986 Boxster S.

Attached Images       
Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
Takumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really nice
98 views and no reply? whats wrong with everyone.

Anyways, i think so far this is the best 986 I seen.

I didn't know that Hamann made a front bumper for the 986 boxster. Does FVD offer 997 GT3 style front bumper for your car or even a tech art style?

Any close up pics of the wheels?

Last edited by Takumi; 05-26-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
That rear bumper and wheel package look great! - mice job man

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks great! I wouldn't do yellow, but that's strictly a preference thing.

You might consider another gloss coat of the the tail lights just to give them a little more shine!

Nice!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura aboutDiabolik has a spectacular aura about
Takumi,

Thanks for the nod of approval ! The beauty of this boxster is more than just skin deep. It was modded extensively by 9FF. Perhaps, its the only 986 in the US that can claim this. Nowadays, 9FF doesn't even touch anything short of a 996 or 997 platform.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond repute
The wheels and stance look good, but that body kit is just a bit to much.

btw- Do you know anything about what has been done to the internals?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Diabolik - GORGEOUS DUDE....How much was the package (including paint) and where did you get the parts. Also, what are those wheels??? Sizes Front/Rear.

Thanks - I want to turn my Boxster in to it's Blue Brother!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
looks great. price?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Boochook,

The official importer for Hamann in the USA is now 3T Motorsports in California. Hisanori Zempo is the gentleman to speak with. I actually purchased the kit through Vivid Racing (Sean McGill), he was excellent to deal with. The rear bumper is a high quality German piece that was sourced through FVD. Rhonda as always was wonderful to deal with. The cost of the Hamann pieces was expensive $$$$$. Expect to pay roughly 3k for the front bumper and 2k for the side skirts. The the rear bumper sells for slightly less than 1K. The wheels are Champion RS 98's in custom gloss black. As far as the costs associated with fitting and painting the kit, I am reluctant to say for fear that someone would have me involuntarily committed to an "insane asylum". Like all FRP parts a lot of "craft" must be employed in order to gain perfection. However, as you can see, in the hands of a skilled auto body person the final result is amazing. By the way, most of the mods on this vehicle were performed by 9FF. As far as I know, this is one of the very few 986's in the USA that can boast this claim.

Last edited by Diabolik; 05-30-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Diabolik
Boochook,
By the way, most of the mods on this vehicle were performed by 9FF. As far as I know, this is one of the very few 986's in the USA that can boast this claim.
So what are all the performance mods, if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply: Hamann Body Kit Project