Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Paint to Sample Boxster Spyder...1 of 4 in US...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jon911S is an unknown quantity at this point
Azure Spyder

Thank you. I feel very fortunate the car was available. By the time I discovered the car on the dealer's website, they were already closed for the weekend. I was concerned the car would not be available, and the website had not been updated to show the car "sold".
This thread implied the car was sold in early August. Had I seen this thread last weekend I would have had even more concerns whether the car was still for sale.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jon911S
This thread implied the car was sold in early August. Had I seen this thread last weekend I would have had even more concerns whether the car was still for sale.
Understood. The part you missed about Mile2424's deposit & 'hold' on this Spyder was this follow up post on another forum:

"Sorry to say guys but I am passing on the Azure Spyder After thinking long and hard, I just can't justify giving mine up with the financial difference. I am also thinking the white/tan is still quite rare and I really do love the combo! I am thinking I may need to treat myself to the Sports Exhaust for my condolences. Also, I just talked with Euro Classics today and there is no backup deposit on the car, so if anyone here is in the market, go get it!"

Passing on the Azure... - Rennlist Discussion Forums

My understanding is that Mile2424's 'hold' was released sometime around August 18th. A person I know from my area in Northern California was considering it and started conversations with the VA dealer for a possible 'backup' offer. Ultimately, he decided on another 'unique' Spyder. I will talk more about the latter when that particular sale is confirmed. I guess this Azure Spyder was meant to be yours, Jon! Congratulations again!

Saludos, z356

Last edited by z356; 09-05-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
navanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the rough
Wow... 2 of 4 PTS Spyders in Oregon!
Jon, where are you located in Oregon? We'll have to do a Spyder meet up for all the local owners. I'm currently in Maui... I had my Riviera for a couple days before I had to leave for vacation. I'm back for a day then have to go to NYC then to Frankfurt for IAA. Maybe after that? Say the weekend of the 17th? or the following weekend???
Let me know and Congrats on the Beautiful Spyder!

Last edited by navanoD; 09-05-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jon911S is an unknown quantity at this point
z356, you are correct, I am glad it worked out for everyone. I have read the Rennlist post now, and ironically and unwittingly I did purchase the car from Joe Norris, so everyone wins. Euroclassics was great and fair.
Thank you for the information about the Spyders and PTS.

NavanoD, I'm in the PDX area. I would like meet and see your Spyder. I will send you a PM with my telephone #. Enjoy paradise.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This has to be one of the nicest Spyders ever made!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
This PTS is just beautiful!

I will be watching for it on the 2nd hand market

Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Jaw dropper!!

What does one have to do to have a PTS request accepted?

Old 10-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Stilling is an unknown quantity at this point
Dosn´t get more classic then that combination, looks great.

Last edited by Stilling; 10-02-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
What does one have to do to have a PTS request accepted?
In the case of the Spyder, you had be very lucky! Porsche did not allow PTS on any MY2011 Spyders. After much prodding from customers (including yours truly), it announced in March that it would accept PTS for one week, with a deadline of March 25th, 2011. Several forum members here tried to get their color choices approved. Most were turned down for technical or marketing reasons. Technical, because the color doesn't test well with the metals, plastics, etc. Or marketing, 'Dolphin Grey' looked like the 'Sport Classic Grey' reserved for their 911 Sport Classic model. Finally, the time ran out and they wouldn't entertain any further orders in PTS.

We knew from conversations in this forum that one fellow had a 'Speed Yellow' Spyder approved. The latter was 'easy' since it was offered already in the regular Boxsters / Caymans, so PAG knew it had no technical paint issues with it on the Spyder. Later, when the last of the MY2012 Spyders started arriving into dealer inventory, we learned that two P-dealers had their PTS orders accepted - one for 'Riviera Blue' and one for 'Azure Blue'. The only other PTS for the US market is a 'Meteor Grey' which was the PCNA's Detroit Auto Show car. It is currently in the fleet of PCNA and has been used extensively for 'driving experience' events. Saludos, z356