Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2009 Porsche 997 Turbo Cab Correction

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2009 Porsche 997 Turbo Cab Correction

I did this car just under a year ago(should have seen it sooner, hint,hint Mel). The vehicle is kept nice, however a little remedial wipedown procedure was discussed again(lol).

Car as it came in, with polished HRE'S so with the build up of brake dust I could not aggressively clean the wheels, so I utilized non-acid Autoglym CC wheel cleaner.

A few RIDS on this area.

Pulled the car onto the water containment mat to get started.

Cleaning the wheels.

One area of concern to my customer was a bird dropping etch on the clearfilm(film is much more difficult to correct than paint).

After some time I was able to repair this area.

Cluster of RIDS.

RIDS on rear bumper.

Rightside of the rear bumper had this nice defect(scuffness).

After initial compounding.

Second stage of compounding.

After fine polishing, all that was left was some paint twist which I suspect was caused by a basketball hitting the car(dimple marks from the ball were left behind).

More examples of marring on the rear bumper.

After compounding.

Not all of the job was a "Day at the beach" readings from the drivers door.........Much care was taken in the correction of this panel.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Fine polishing was finished "Late" as in late evening.

After one coat of BFWD, I put on another to let sit overnight.

Engine was just dusty, but I will always take pics of "Tightned up" Turbo engine bay.

Another defect I saw, was scuffing on the polished lips of the wheels. In conjuction of the polishing I also used the steamer where applicable.

Here is the one of the deep scuffs.

During correction of the scuff.

Fine polished.

On the home stretch....

Even though I did not dis-mount the wheels, the five spoke configuration allowed to polish the rotors and get the discoloration off.

Attending to the "Details" dressed in the intercooler cove.

A few interior pics.

New MA Carbon bits since the last correction.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Great job on the correction!

You might want to change the title because it's not a 2010 turbo...

Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 AM
The steering wheel upgrade is the "Poo", Sharkwerks does it .........again.

Clearfilm that is now "Clear".

Waiting for delivery.

Customer was loving it.....so I took a few more pics.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
melg is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW that is some serious detail. I won't wait as long next time.....but what an awesome job Bob. Thanks again !

Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
That looks great... can't wait to get her back for some more goodies