Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

The making of the Sir Mix-a-Lot "Carz" Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
The making of the Sir Mix-a-Lot "Carz" Video

As many of you know, Anthony Ray (Sir Mix-a-Lot) is a serious car guy. He is especially fond of Lamborghinis. In fact he’s been a Lamborghini owner longer than most on the forums.

Anthony got tired of the rent-a-car rappers constantly shooting videos with cars they don’t own, then finding himself bunched in with that group who know nothing about cars. He’s a real enthusiast, very knowledgable, an active member of the car community and a truly fun guy to hang around with. He’s a serious driver too!

So, this summer Anthony decided to write a song about the car guys who actually drive their cars, then shot with the very guys he hangs around with. We had 26 cars show up for one day of shooting alone, all in support of Anthony. In total I’m guessing there were over 50 cars involved, with so much footage shot that he will have content to post for months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

The song and video will be released this coming Saturday night right after the the big party we’re having in the Seattle area to sort of wrap up our car season. Teamspeed will be on hand for the event. The song will be available on iTunes and the video will be posted everywhere that same night.

I now have permission from Anthony to start posting some of the photos from the making of the video and I’ll give you some of the back story along the way.

The photos were shot by Jason Tang, Kim Lind, Vic Tiscareno, James Boyer and me. I'm sure they will add even more photos in the coming days.

The video shoot required all types of shots. This was a formation shot on a closed runway. We're following Anthony as a helicopter and film crew in a truck lead the group. Here we're getting ready for a long shot.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
In this shot a group of Scuds are getting ready for their run behind the film crew.

Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Here are a couple of shots of the RED camera (among many others) used for the video.

Attached Images   
Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool - can't wait to see this!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
We are honored to be a part of this and support Anthony and his new single and video, special thanks to Tommy and all the crew in the NW for getting us involved!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Happy to do it DJ. I think what I love about Teamspeed the most is that it draws a very high number of exotic owners. It's one of the few forums where I can get actually current information. I'm thrilled that you're supporting Anthony. More pictures coming up.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Anthony was in the lead car for this particular shot.

Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
More shots...

Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
More from the same segment.

Attached Images   
Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Anthony doing his thing. The video opens with Sir Mix-a-Lot shoving me out of my car. The camera was placed down low in the passenger seat facing up.

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: The making of the Sir Mix-a-Lot "Carz" Video