Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Porsche 918 RSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 2013 Porsche 918 RSR

These renders were posted in a previous thread, but I wrote something about them as I am the original creator...

A New Dimension. The New Porsche 918 RSR.

YouTube - 2013 Porsche GT1 Car

Hi I'm 13, and I was thinking, if the “Porsche 918 Spyder” makes it into production, it’ll probably reach dealers in 2012. If it does make it into production, Porsche may consider basing a GT1 car off of it.

I call it the “2013 Porsche 918 RSR Spyder (GT1)”. I chose “918 RSR” because the model number “918”, is reminiscent of “917”, (hence the “8”), so I decided to add an RSR designation to the model referring to a race version. The 918 Spyder may possibly have a "Coupe" version also, as well as an "RS" version. The "918 RSR" would be based on the "918 RS". The "918 RS" drops the "Spyder" designation because, it is obviously, not a "Spyder". Since the “918 RSR” wouldn’t be able to race in the same class the 917 did (that class is non-existent), Porsche may decide to place it in the GT1 class. The “918 Spyder” comes with 2 electric motors, and a 500hp V8 from the “RS Spyder” LMP-2 car. The “918 RSR” will drop the electric motors, but will retain the KERS, and 500hp V8. Since GT1 regulates no more than 600hp, Porsche may remove air-restrictors from the engine to boost the output to 600hp. The “918 RSR” will top out in the 200mph range, and will reach 62mph in less than 3.0 seconds, possibly 2.8 seconds. The weight will be around 1,240 kilos, 2,730 lbs. The weight loss will come from the loss of the batteries, stripped interior and loss of amenities, even more extensive use of carbon fiber, and a reconstruction of body-work.

Changes in the body work will come from a wider track, redesigned front and rear diffusers, as well as a fixed hard-top roof. There will be a very large rear spoiler; the current one will be fixed. The ram air scoops positioned over the 600hp V8 will be permanently opened for even more delivery of power. The “918 RSR’s” headlight system will receive a minor revision as well as the taillights. It will also get new mirrors positioned over the front-wheels straight from the Carrera GT.

If the “918 RSR” does become a reality, it will likely debut at the “2013 24hrs of Le Mans”, as well as in the “Le Mans Series”.
As well as rendered bodywork, I also took the time took the time to render several liveries reminiscent of 70’s “917” designs. I currently have a few rendered, one also for "TeamSpeed.com", I'm working on a few now, and will post them later.

*Note; All vehicles are liveried according to 2013 speculated “Le Mans 24” specification.

LATEST RENDERS:

Porsche Design

At Le Mans.

Porsche Design

2013 #14 "TeamSpeed.com" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #15 "Löwenbräu" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #50 "Porsche AG" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #54 "Flying Lizard Motorsports" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #55 "Blaupunkt" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #57 "Martini Racing" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #58 "Martini Racing" Porsche 918 RSR (Hippie)

2013 #52 "Gulf Oil" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 #61 "DHL" Porsche 918 RSR

2013 "Pink Pig" Porsche 918 RSR

Last edited by Carrera; 06-10-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: New Pictures
Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Looking Good.

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 03-09-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
Might want to re-try posting those Links...
I did...

Old 03-09-2010, 04:07 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Your imagination is boundless my friend. This is great work, and I'm glad to see a new generation of gearheads! Keep it up!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic writeup and renderings!

Whatever you've been doing in your life for the last 13 years... keep it up. You're gonna do well.

Last edited by JCay; 03-09-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
great photoshops, let's hope this happens

Old 03-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You write better than most adults on the internet, so kudos on that as well as the very imaginatively executed renderings. Keep it up!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Great work!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ctzn
You write better than most adults on the internet, so kudos on that as well as the very imaginatively executed renderings. Keep it up!

I agree!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Great work!! Keep it up.

Quick Reply: 2013 Porsche 918 RSR