Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First few GT2 RS has arrived at our dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
First few GT2 RS has arrived at our dealer

Dealer sent me a few photos via email this morning. They just arrived.

Will go see them in person later this week. Will post some pics

Crappy cell phone image that was MMS'd.

There is also a white one.

EDIT:
Here are some more photos I took yesterday afternoon. Car is very nice in person and I like the unpainted hood very much. Doesn't look funny at all.
They are busy doing the PDI's.

Last edited by Mike S; 09-11-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
se X ay

Old 09-09-2010, 04:21 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
It looks good but honestly I hate to pay 250k(loaded) GT2RS, I feel there is potential to modify a non RS GT2 performance and handling.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
It's actually great value for money IMO.

Remember over here it's just shy of 500k USD.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Hell Yes!

So are you going to make a move on one before you go on vacation Mike?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
It looks good but honestly I hate to pay 250k(loaded) GT2RS, I feel there is potential to modify a non RS GT2 performance and handling.
From a purely performance perspective, I totally agree with you. A 997 GT2 with some nice upgrades from RS Tuning would be the way I'd go.

However, a few things are going to make this car truly remarkable.

First, the only cars that are not available with PDK are the GT models. I have no doubt that the 991 GT models will all have PDK either as an option, or quite possibly, as standard with no manual transmission available.

Second, the only cars that still come with the true dry-sump Porsche engine that is based on the 911 GT1, are the current GT cars. The GT1 was the last car that Porsche won overall at Le Mans with in 1998, and the engine case design is still based on the 964 Turbo 3.6 from 1993, which was an evolution of the original TurboCarrera engine from 1976. The GT2RS is the final hurrah for this amazing piece of Porsche legacy, as Porsche is likely to drop it in favor of the new 9A1 engine. You can read all about it here:

http://www.porsche.com/filestore.asp...letype=default

Third, and possibly the most important is that Porsche is keeping the production numbers low on the GT2RS, which means that many of them will go straight into collections and rarely get driven. For the ones that do get driven, the combination of wild power going through a 6-speed gearbox and rear wheel drive means there will be a good chunk that will end up being written-off in accidents.

Mark my words Moe, 10 to 20 years from now, the clean, driver-quality GT2RSs are going to be commanding crazy money, and the collector-quality ones are going to be in the stratosphere. Way more than the $250K they are going to sell for new. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the means.

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 09-09-2010 at 05:19 AM. Reason: had to add some more info.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I have no doubt that the 991 GT models will all have PDK either as an option, or quite possibly, as standard with no manual transmission available.
I genuinely hope you are wrong, but I don't think you are. It would truly mark the end of an era - that means I will never for as long as I live buy a Porsche newer than a 997.

I miss Wiedeking's anti-flappy paddle policy.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
come ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! make an effort and shoot some more and decent ones!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Mike,
can u take some pics of the door panel when u get the chance?

thanks!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Awaiting delivery pics of the white GT2RS

Quick Reply: First few GT2 RS has arrived at our dealer