Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Here in the UK more details announced next week .
Im number 1 at my OPC ill keep you posted .

Also heard the 150 000 eu figure . Carbon wings like gt2 , 490 bhp , " extreme " aero .

Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Do you think this will be highly sought after in a couple of years, similar to 993 GT2 etc ?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I do think so: last of the 997 (which was very well received vs. 996), and possibly last of the Mezger... I don't know if there will be a comparable Porsche until the next GT3 which could take 2-3 years. If they stick to the limited production, they will be highly sought after... IMO

Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Do you think this will be highly sought after in a couple of years, similar to 993 GT2 etc ?
Yes , I think it will be sought after . It looks like the last use of the current Mezger engine also . Only 500 ww will help .

Last edited by wtdoom; 03-10-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wtdoom
...wings like gt2...
I really hope not!!!!
GT3 RS' wing would be much better!!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
triptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to all
He means carbon front fenders like the '2RS.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
carbon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Here in the UK more details announced next week .
Im number 1 at my OPC ill keep you posted .

Also heard the 150 000 eu figure . Carbon wings like gt2 , 490 bhp , " extreme " aero .
I like the word "extreme" !!!! That turns me on..... if it looks anything like the GT3 RSR or GT3 R Hybrid, it will be the best looking 997... lets all keep our fingers crossed...

Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Pls just take it as a SUPER-rumour as I could not get confirmation yet but the LE might have the rivets-wider wheel arches 993 GT2 style...
If this comes to be true it would be the Dog's B*****s!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ressy
Pls just take it as a SUPER-rumour as I could not get confirmation yet but the LE might have the rivets-wider wheel arches 993 GT2 style...
If this comes to be true it would be the Dog's B*****s!!!

Let's hope not...the ricer carbon hood on the GT2RS is bad enough......

Bill

Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Let's hope not...the ricer carbon hood on the GT2RS is bad enough......

Bill
The GT2 RS isn't ricer at all. Every piece of the GT2 RS has purpose. And how are riveted fenders ricey? They were on one of the greatest 911s of all time (911 GT), and they have purpose. The purpose is that if you damage the fenders in intense racing, they are easily replaceable. It would be AWESOME if the RS 4.0 includes this.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!