Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

M Power Experience: 2013 BMW M5 from Ascari Race Resort

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow M Power Experience: 2013 BMW M5 from Ascari Race Resort

M Power Experience: 2013 BMW M5
Driving the new M5 at Ascari, it doesn't get much better then this
Words and Pictures by Jason Tang

As part of the worldwide introduction for the new 2013 BMW M5, participants were given a chance to test drive three of the ///M cars offered by BMW at the Ascari race track just outside of Seville, Spain as part of the M Power Experience. Participants found the new M5 to be a capable machine with 560 hp coming from the all new Twin Turbo V8 within the heart of the new 2013 M5. A clean sheet design was featured as multiple new features were introduced such as a differential system that "predicts" your driving style and prepares itself accordingly. The new M5 brings us back to what defines the "M" in Motorsport.

2013 BMW M5 Hot Lap around Ascari on Vimeo

Some of the participants on our group including myself

20 cars waiting in the underground garage

In the "pit" area at Ascari waiting for our session

We were each given a "hot lap" ride in the M5 with the DSC (traction control) turned off to demonstrate how easy and predictable the M5 was around the corners

Getting ready to drive the 1M

In front of the "chrome wrapped" E92 M3

One of my favorite part on the new M5

See how hard the rain was coming down? This fortunately happened after our session.

You can see echos of the E39 M5 here

Looking very sinister

Staying close

Love every design on the rear too

Making the "move!"

We were originally scheduled to ride in a helicopter to the Ascari track but due to the rain we drove to the track in the M5 instead. Afterwards when the weather cleared up, we were treated to a 15 minute helicopter ride around the Seville region.

Last edited by atomic80; 11-08-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
What an amazing experience! Thanks for the recap JT!

Old 11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
This car is growing on me more and more. Thanks for the awesome pictures! oh and I'm jealous...

Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome. Looks like you had a blast!

I really love the new M5.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! I'm really envious, JT. Awesome experience and photos. Thanks for sharing!

I've heard the new steering set-up of the M5 feels a bit "numb" and it's hard to know exactly whats going on up front compared to say the E90/2 M3. Curious to know your thoughts on the steering feel/feedback.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtechnik
Wow! I'm really envious, JT. Awesome experience and photos. Thanks for sharing!

I've heard the new steering set-up of the M5 feels a bit "numb" and it's hard to know exactly whats going on up front compared to say the E90/2 M3. Curious to know your thoughts on the steering feel/feedback.
Funny you should mention this because I wondered the same thing when I first got in the M5. It felt artificial and a bit "electric" which I thought was strange because BMW had specifically switched from an electric to a hydraulic based system to circumvent that artificial feeling. Then I realized that I was in the "Efficient" mode...when I switched from that to the "Sport" then subsequently the "Sport Plus" modes, there was a vast improvement in weighted and road feeling coming from the steering wheel. I'd say that I liked the "Sport" mode the best because it came the closest to being perfect.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing Jason - you are one lucky man! I spent more time looking at your expressions in the video than the road

Old 11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing J. I am a huge fan of this new M5.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome post, this is shaping up to be the most epic sedan. Were the M5's stick or paddle?

Old 11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
ahhhh Ascari and a new M5, that's quite the vaca my friend

Quick Reply: M Power Experience: 2013 BMW M5 from Ascari Race Resort