Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Sport & Collection 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Arrow Sport & Collection 2011

Sport & Collection 2011

Every year, there is an event in France called "Sport & Collection".
It takes place at the Circuit du Val de Vienne, 70/80km from Poitiers.

Last one was early June... I know it's late, but I searched a bit on the forums and didn't see a topic for it, and thought I might just make one! If anyone is ever interested in actually "applying" with their car there or stuff like that, who knows

Basically, it's a charity event to raise funds for cancer research. They call it "500 Ferrari against cancer", and as you might have understood, there are lots of Ferrari there (but not only that: Lamborghini, Pagani, and many more)! On the final day of the show, which lasts a week-end, there's a "big rally" of all the Ferrari, on the Val de Vienne track (Vigeant). Sadly I missed it, because I only stayed one day.

All in all, it's a very good experience. You get to see some incredible cars on the track (this year, Horacio Pagani himself brought the Huayra, as well as a Zonda R). The loudest one BY FAR was the Ferrari 333 SP. A monster. You can also get "rides" on the track with some cars for 20/30 euros. It's a very nice thing for car enthusiasts, while knowing you're making a good gesture (let's not forget the point of the whole thing).

Here is a "best of" of some of the Ferrari there on the track

Ferrari on track - BEST OF - YouTube

And a few pictures, if you like pictures ^^
Although not all of them are Ferrari, I excuse myself in advance!

To finish it off, I thought I'd also show some other Ferrari that were there Hope Ferrarista here will appreciate it

Also I hope I'm not going too much against forum policy. I've been lurking a bit, and noticed people are making different threads for every single one of their videos. This actually gives a bad name for us video-makers and I don't think it's a good thing! However, I do think that sharing SOME videos from time to time can be nice and cool! I hope you guys don't think I'm doing the same thing as those that are frowned upon!

Ferrari 250 GTO - YouTube

Ferrari F40 LM on the track !! - YouTube

Ferrari 333 SP -- VERY LOUD - YouTube

Ferrari 458 challenge racing on the track !!! - YouTube

F40 on the track - YouTube

white Ferrari 458 italia on the track ! - YouTube

Last edited by DJ; 08-16-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added larger images for the OP, Great post Alex!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
INSANE!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
I think people were getting upset at the youtubers that came here to only promote their channels and started a new thread each time they did a walk around of a vehicle not moving.

These on the other are wicked and, in fact, moving.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Great vids and pics! Slord is right pics of cars sitting still. Vids of them in action, preferably on the track being driven in anger not in London/Paris/Monaco being driving 3 km

Old 08-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Sooo awesome!!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!alexsmolik You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks guys!
I'm glad you like the videos / pictures, so far :P

Old 08-16-2011, 01:19 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
I think people were getting upset at the youtubers that came here to only promote their channels and started a new thread each time they did a walk around of a vehicle not moving.

These on the other are wicked and, in fact, moving.
Amen! Feel free to pm me or any mod next time you see that happen so we can remove it!

Old 08-16-2011, 01:20 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Op welcome!!

Next time just please add the photos like the way I edited the post for you. BTW thanks for this amazing thread! Feature on our magazine and facebook page today!!

Old 08-16-2011, 01:21 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Great catch here OP!

Old 08-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by DJ
Op welcome!!

Next time just please add the photos like the way I edited the post for you. BTW thanks for this amazing thread! Feature on our magazine and facebook page today!!
Thanks for the feat! Glad you liked it ^^

About the pictures, I wasn't sure if I should put them in "big size" like you did, because of the time it would take for it to load for the users,and for people with small screens lol! But now I know. I didn't add the other cars pictures either because I posted this in the Ferrari section, didn't want to be bashed for posting Lamborghini, Pagani or the Gumpert lol :P

BTW, what does "OP" mean ?

Last edited by alexsmolik; 08-16-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Sport & Collection 2011