Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Ray Hoffman and Heffner Performance set new one mile record in Miami!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
TCT
Teamspeed Rookie
TCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to all
Thumbs up Ray Hofman and Heffner Performance set new one mile record in Miami!

The HEFFNER Twin Turbo Ford GT went an astonishing 266.90 mph in the standing mile into a direct 18 mph headwind!!
Congrats to all!!

YouTube - 266 MPH: Hofman Motorsports & Heffner Performance Twin Turbo Ford GT - Exotics Rally 4-25-2010

First of all Thanks guys for all the support and comments on this thread. It truly shows why the FGT community is more of a family built around this car than any other "membership" on earth.

I am truly touched.

We just got in and cleaned up from a very hot and humid weekend so will keep it brief and post a thread and video in a couple of days when I get home...

Just wanted to thank first and foremost Jason Heffner and the Heffner crew, TJ, Zach, Aaron and John for all of their tireless effort, long hours, sleepless nights and fantastic workmanship... what a bad ass piece of machinery you guys have put together. Of all the cars I have driven and ever been around, nothing truly compares in my opinion to the FGT..

Thank you John Mihovetz of Accufab Racing for building the best heart and soul of any car I have ever had...

Thank you Naoto and Brian Sakata of Sakata Motorsports for an incredible tune, and absolutely stunning commitment to the end goal and an amazing display of expertise, work ethic and talent...

Thank you Chip Beck for joining us on this adventure and standing by my side supporting us every step of the way, sharing makers mark manhattans, working on the car, sleeping at the shop and just being on of my all around favorite people to call my friend... and thank you Chip as well for entrusting me with one of the most touching acts of trust and friendship I have ever experienced in arranging for Bony to ride with me down the mile...

The road to our 266 mph run was not with out speed bumps and obstacles. All of which were overcome through the concentrated and dedicated effort of everyone involved... I am truly blown away by the team of people that we have put together.. their ability to take on adversity head on, work together and smile while fixing the issues was incredible. Then best part.. I have made some incredible new friends, those mentioned and many more not mentioned..... true friends...

I am totally exhausted and will leave the full write up for when we get back home... Thanks again everyone...

Ray

Last edited by TCT; 05-03-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to pics and vids folks!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed, that is an impressive feat.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Into an 18mph headwind??? Wow! Can't wait to see the vid.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
With a head wind WOW!! I was crazy impressed before I heard that!!

Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jack519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great job all!
Ray I updated your OP, great stuff and thanks for sharing! Congrats again to You and Jason!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Just featured it as well on our facebook page! Congrats!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
Ttime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura about
Gah! I am at a loss for words. Amazing work!
And lord almighty that sound puts a huge smile on my face!

Quick Reply: Ray Hoffman and Heffner Performance set new one mile record in Miami!