Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
id take a diablo 6.0 without even seein what this new one looks like

Old 09-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Solaris64 is on a distinguished roadSolaris64 is on a distinguished roadSolaris64 is on a distinguished roadSolaris64 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the article, the Italian magazine Quattroruote is the most prestigiuos in Italy, so the information should be reliable. Having read the article, I would add some points. It seams that the car will be an evolution, rather then a revolution. Quattroruote writes, some could be disappointed... In fact, the changes are most under the skin, with a new carbon chassis, developped with the support of Boeing. The result is less weight (a bit more then 1500kg in total), and less production costs*. They mention also that the new chassis will cost 1/3 compared to the previous one.

In general, as the new car should not cost more than the existing Murcielago, the cost cutting measures seams to play a role in the development, considering that in 2009 Lamborghini has a negative before-tax result (loss) of 35 Mio. Euro.

In any case, the updates of the V12 Motor, gearbox, interior and the new chassis should help Lamborghini to move in a new "era", and the future will be already represented with a prototype to be shown in Paris and called "sesto elemento" or "the sixt element". This prototype will show the new technologies coming in the Lamborghini products of the future. Finally, Quattroruote mentions the possibility to see a third range of car in the future: an answer to the Aston Martin Rapide, already seen as "Estoque".

Old 09-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I am giddy with excitement! I don't know how I will survive the 6 month odd wait. If they have already completed 40 vehicles they should just unveil it at Paris!

Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
40 cars and no name?
It takes a while to think of a good Italian name which actually means something. The name Porsche 911 GT3 RS is just boring imo.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for being late to the party, but I can second almost everything what Darren posted in his OP. CF monocell is really advanced, design is shocking, I was shown a pic for a short while and I can say that it looks absolutely different from what we are seeing now on camo'ed test mules, design is almost completely hidden from clear viewing. Design is very shocking in a good, it looks a bit like Reventon, but without rather doubtful nuances in Reventon styling. Full LED lights are beautiful, active aerodynamics are very impressive. All I can say and stick to what I have said - almost no one will be disappointed.

Speaking about tech details, no DCT was not so pleasant for me, I waited for it, but I was told that new tranny will be brilliant and it will work like a beast and will suit a character of the car better than DCT unit.

Interior is absolutely new, cluster unit is digital, new sitting position not like Murcielago anymore, new infotaiment system, more legroom. Interior is so sporty and really great that words are hardly to describe - you must see it.

Quattroruote is a bit optimistic about hp output and wrong about car being an evolution, it is a revolution, it will be one of hottest supercars to hit the market. Speaking about acceleration expect sub-3.0 seconds 0-100 km/h time (some sources mention exact numbers - 2.9 seconds) and about 370 km/h max speed.

And now its for sure - official launch will take place at Geneva auto show in March 2011. I will be there to provide the first pics and my own impressions.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see what this car will look like, I'm uber excited!!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shin is on a distinguished roadshin is on a distinguished road
D55L, thank you so much for your info. As always, we can count on you !! Cheers

Old 09-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
dyvatvol15 is on a distinguished roaddyvatvol15 is on a distinguished road
Is final car any similar to this sketch made by one of the Lamborghini designers??

Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
looks alot like a gcar in that pic

Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting sketch!!! Where did you get it from???

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4