Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heffner TT R8 install from Miller Motorsports Park.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
HEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond repute
Heffner TT R8 install from Miller Motorsports Park.

We got a bit of a late start today due to a delayed flight but thankfully Roger Miller and Scott from TDC Motorsports were able to get the car on the lift and get the wheels off to save us a bit of time.

Upon arrival at MMP I have to say that I was simply amazed at the scale of this facility. There is a Kart track, a supercross track, an off road course, a road course that in it's full length is 4.5 miles long, clubhouses, garages, racing schools and tons more cool stuff that I will remember tomorrow.

I'll get some more of the track when we get the cars out.

First we get the rear bumper and exhaust removed.

All of the turbo system parts are laid out, inventoried and inspected prior to installation.

There are a few odds and ends to do prior to installation of the turbos, mid pipes and down pipes. Even with a late start we were able to get the turbos hung.

Tomorrow Dave from PPI should be here to get going on the suspension, brakes and body kit. I will be sure to get some good pictures. Thanks for reading.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:58 AM
TCT
Teamspeed Rookie
TCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to allTCT is a name known to all
Awesome work guys and thank you Jason for such an in-depth "inside look" at the process.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
HEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond repute
We got a lot done yesterday. We installed the heat exchanger for the intercooler system.

The water pump and reservoir for the intercooler system were installed as well as the larger MAF housings and air inlet plumbing.

We also got the intercooler, air discharge piping and diverter valves installed.

As you can see, this build is shaping up nicely. We got the car running and warmed up before we left last night. Everything sounds good and we should have the car ready for a suspension alignment this afternoon.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
We removed the shocks from the car and removed the factory springs and spring perches.

These parts were replaced with KW coil springs, KW adjustable spring perches and also their lift system which will allow Roger to raise the ride height of the car at the touch of a button to avoid scraping up his new carbon fiber splitter.

Mitch, Ben and Dave of PPI North America worked on getting the bumper openings modified to accept the larger air inlet and discharge bezels.

These PPI Carbon parts are certainly some of the finest aftermarket carbon parts that I have ever seen.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:20 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic!

Old 06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, thanks for sharing all of the pics of how this all got put together! It was really interesting and informative to see. Keep up the great work!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
Thanks for sharing. I'm waiting for more updates.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Sorry to have not posted opdates for a few days. We got the car completed by Thursday morning and spent most of Tursday and Friday on the track with Roger's car as well as mine. Needless to say, once we hit the track it was hard to pull ourselves away. The R8 is one of the most capable street cars that I have ever driven on a road course and Miller Motorsports Park is hands down the nicest course that we have access to in the U.S. The pavement is as smooth as glass, there are elevation changes, off camber turns and a banked entry to the front straight. I will get working on editing video and get some other pictures up shortly.

I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Roger Miller for providing us with this opportunity as well as Scott from TDC Motorsports who worked right along side us during the entire installation. I would also like to thank Mitch, Ben and Dave of PPI North America for coming out and getting the body parts installed. Last but certainly not least thanks to my technician Zach Caruso for getting the turbo system installed in world record time.

I have decided to leave my R8 out at MMP for a bit. Airfare is reasonable enough and I feel that I must get back out there soon. Primarily because at the time I left there was still rubber left on my tires and another day's worth of lapping left on my brake pads.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sounds like a great time!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JoeZ is on a distinguished roadJoeZ is on a distinguished roadJoeZ is on a distinguished road
Nice job Heff!! A perfect balance of work and play....

Quick Reply: Heffner TT R8 install from Miller Motorsports Park.