Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Citizen Campanola

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
saintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant future
Citizen Campanola

What do you guys think of these? I know they are citizen's...but they look pretty dope! Does anyone have any experience with them?

Regulator with Minute Repetition

'Philosopher's' Minute Repeating Perpetual Calendar Regulator

Campanola Eco Drive CTY57-1071 Mother of pearl

Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
that last one is pretty sexy

wonder whats the price difference is between a citizen and a fancier repeater

Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
saintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant future
That last one is going for $2300 on timezone right now. LNIB.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
wow that is very affordable for what its supposed to be.

I am sure the watch gurus will chime in on this soon

Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I am not too fond with Citezin as a brand but for around 2,000 dollars why not get a Baume Mercier Hampton's Watch, I like their XL range.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I guess that was really my question...is 2 grand ridiculous to spend on a Citizen watch? I don't know anything about the movement...I just think they look nice.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
basically the point of the campagnola line is to make high quality QUARTZ watches that resemble mechanicals and copy popular mechanical complications. If that's what you're in to, then they're nice.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks Steve. No longer interested. But they still look nice

Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
MementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SteveH
basically the point of the campagnola line is to make high quality QUARTZ watches that resemble mechanicals and copy popular mechanical complications. If that's what you're in to, then they're nice.
That just ruined it for me. I really like the look of the Philosopher's Minute Repeater with the dark face, but $2k for a quartz? No, thanks.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by MementoMori
That just ruined it for me. I really like the look of the Philosopher's Minute Repeater with the dark face, but $2k for a quartz? No, thanks.
Here is some info on it.

Minute Repeating Perpetual Calendar
'2005 Ltd. Edition now discontinued
Hand Cut 'Aizu Lacquered w/Gold' Multi-Level Dial
Black Handcut 'Mother-0f-Pearl Subdial
Dial created by World famous 'Aizu' Artist Tetsuo Gido
Each Dial is different and unique
Case Handmade in France
Handcut Crystal also made in France
Electroformed Gold and White Hands
2 Alarms
Minute Repeating Tones indistinguishable from a Mechanical