Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

997.2 Track day with Paul Tracy at the wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Staff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really nice
997.2 Track day with Paul Tracy at the wheel

I had the privilege to sit shotgun while Paul Tracy (Champ car / IRL Driver) piloted the EVOMS 997.2TT on the track. We were in Wilcox AZ at the Inde Motor-sports Ranch which is a new private track about an hour east of Tucson. Paul is an amazing driver and literally drove the tires off of the car in the 30 minute beat down test session he inflicted on it. All I can say is what an experience. I thought that I drove that car hard but compared to him, not even close. He drove the car 11/10 tenths compared to my 8/10 tenths.

The car is currently fitted with our EVT650 performance system with larger VTG turbos. We were doing some final track tests on this system prior to public release. Having Paul Tracy there to do the final tests was a bonus and we are 100% confident with the performance and reliability of this setup. Even though the oil temps got into the 250 range, we kept pushing it and the car never felt sluggish or dropped off in power. I have some in car video that we are cutting up that I will post it as soon as it is finished. Here are some photos. Enjoy!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Looks like you were all having a good time. Look forward to the in car clips.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Paul drove one of my older cars on the track a few years ago. He only knows one speed: BALLS OUT!!!

Cool guy too boot.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Paul is definitely a great driver, I was a big fan in the Champ Car days!!!
Sounds like a fantastic day and one to talk about for years!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Great post!

Do you use slicks?

One hard track day ate my near new PS2s up.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned
GT700 is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bullitt44
Paul is definitely a great driver, I was a big fan in the Champ Car days!!!
same here.

its always an eye-opening experience to ride with someone who really knows how to handle a car. sometimes when we do trackdays or whatnot, you get to thinking you're getting close to what the car can do...

then you ride along with a real pro, and you realize you suck so bad!

must have been a great day!

Old 04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Staff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really niceStaff@evoms is just really nice
Originally Posted by Barrister
Great post!

Do you use slicks?

One hard track day ate my near new PS2s up.
No slicks, R888's. They are now officially toast. Done.